The purpose of the Symphony League is to support the Symphony of Santa Cruz County. In addition, we promote greater awareness and appreciation of music.
- We do this in a variety of ways through a volunteer base of people in the community.
- We organize fund raising events and donate the proceeds to the Symphony.
- We present concert preview programs for our members.
- We provide housing for out-of-town musicians.
- We serve refreshments to musicians at the Symphony rehearsals.
- We docent at local schools before the Young People’s Concerts.
We have built an organization that is very rewarding to its members. We enjoy working together to support the Symphony.
This season’s activities include:
- A Membership Party in the Fall – a fun opening of the season event.
- A Holiday Home Tour in the Fall including several lovely homes, a holiday boutique and refreshments.
- Five Concert Preview Programs— members meet Daniel Stewart and soloists to hear about the specific concert programs.
- Five Symphony Concerts at the Santa Cruz Civic Auditorium.
- Five Encore Concerts at the Mello Center in Watsonville.
- Many other events are listed in this Website!
When you join the Symphony League, you will meet many others who also enjoy helping bring classical music to our community.
Active Membership – ANNUAL DUES – $35
Member agrees to actively help with projects and accept working assignments in support of major fund-raising events.
Family Membership – ANNUAL DUES – $60
This category includes two (2) or more Active Members living in the same household with both members actively involved in projects and both accepting working assignments.
Contributing Membership – ANNUAL DUES – $100
This category is for persons who are willing to accept working assignments and who are welcome to serve on committees but are not required to do so.
Friends of the League – ANNUAL DONATION OF $250
Friends are persons who are making a significant financial contribution.
You can join the Symphony League securely online using PayPal, or you can click on the link and print and mail in your Membership-2015 slscc membership form to pay by check or credit card.
For further information about membership contact Dan Rutan, Membership Chair, at (831) 475-4939.